Wow, has it been forever since I've updated this thing. I'm sure there's good reason though. :)
We took Cooper to the doctor for his 15 month checkup a few weeks ago and the doctor had cleared him of the nasty croup,which meant he was done with the steroids....thank the Lord. He was literally licking the walls and licking all of his touch and feel books. I didn't know how much longer I could go on with a crazy child. :) He weighed 26lbs 15 oz and was 34" tall. He did great and is right on track.
2 weeks ago, Gary and Mary came down for a visit and we had a really nice visit. We hung out at home a ton and went to breakfast every morning. It was great. :) They came down on a Friday and left on a Monday. It was great to see them and we're looking forward to seeing them again in July!
About a week and a half ago, Cooper had all of what looked like bites all over his stomach, legs, and arms and we could not figure out what they were. Then last Monday, I went to pick Cooper up from daycare and our sitter asked what was wrong with his eye. I had no clue because I hadn't seen him since the night before and his eye was swollen and it looked like a bite on his eyelid. We watched it and the swelling seemed to go down and it turned into a scab. I have no idea what it was and searched his room looking for bugs, but didn't find anything.
Then on Tuesday when I came home to pick Cooper up from daycare, he had fallen on the concrete right before I showed up and hit his face. He was so upset when I got there and had an egg on his forehead and a scratch under his eye. Poor little guy...this is just not his week. :(
We had scheduled family photos for tonight as well as the week that Coop had croup and we had to cancel both due to his sickness and now his bruise/scratch. I've scheduled it for next Friday and I'm crossing my fingers hoping we can make it happen.
Tonight we had to go to Menards to get some samples of shingles for the Man Shed roof. Cooper has this nasty dry cough and while we were walking around waiting for Daddy, he was nonstop coughing. So, it must have made him gag and all of sudden, Cooper was projectile vomiting green eggs and ham from daycare everywhere. I was trying to catch it in my hands and it was a mess. An employee handed me paper towels and a garbage can and we got out of there quickly. I felt so bad for the little guy...he was covered in it and we had to strip him down to sit in his car seat on the way home. It was going to be bath night anyway since he had a haircut today, so this was just another reason. He hasn't had anymore episodes, so I'm thinking it was just his gag reflux that caused it.
Jason was on travel this past week in Atlanta, so Molly and I hung out every night. I'm doing her hair for prom tomorrow, so I'm really hoping she likes it. I'm so nervous that it won't be what she wanted. She's coming over early enough so that I can take my time in case she wants to change it last minute.
Jason is going on a 4-wheeling day trip tomorrow, so it will be just me and the Coop and I'm looking forward to playing most of the day. He's saying so many words and repeating everything. He's our little sponge! :)
Also, Happy Anniversary, Jill & Steve!!! Hope you get to do something special to celebrate!
No comments:
Post a Comment