Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Life has been busy lately, as I'm sure it's been for everyone.  It's that time of the year when you make so many plans that you start forgetting the ones you've made!  Our summer is booked and while sometimes it can be a little overwhelming, it's super fun to have so many things to look forward to. 

Cooper is a hoot lately!  He's understanding so many things and does lots of new tricks.  He bats his eyes, fake cries, does his cutesy face, and his serious face.  He'll also act like he's going to tickle you and then runs away.  Too funny.  He has us laughing all the time now.  And his new favorite thing on long car rides is the DVD Veggie Tales.  It kept him occupied for almost 2 hours on the way home last Sunday.  Speaking of that, we went up to Minneapolis last weekend and visited Mike, Jenni, and their new son, Thomas James (TJ).  He is so adorable and so snugly.  And might I mention that he was a very, very good baby!  7 weeks old and sleeping through the night already....so jealous.  :)  We had a really nice time and are looking forward to their visit this fall. 

Work has been busy for both Jason and I.  He did some traveling the past 2 weeks and I get to do mine in the middle of July.  It's slowed a bit for rme, but it should be picking up again soon.  At least one of the trips will only be to Burlington, IA, so I might have to stop and get some lunch at Mazzio's that day.  :)

Our dishwasher has been out of commission for the past couple of weeks.  Kind of irritating since it's only 2 1/2 years old.  Hopefully it's nothing major and it's a simple fix.  Otherwise, we might be looking for a different dishwasher!  And when we came home on Sunday from Minneapolis, I noticed a brown spot on the ceiling of our kitchen.  Water did leak through, but Jason isn't exactly sure where it came from.  He hasn't had the chance to climb up on the roof, but I talked to him today and he thinks it might have leaked from a chimney of some sort.  I'm hoping with the downpour we had on Sunday morning that that's what it is from and not an entire roof replacement.  I'm crossing all fingers and toes on that one.

We have a big summer planned and lots to do before Baby Gregory #2 arrives!  Should be a crazy, but enjoyable summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment