Thursday, March 7, 2013

Furlough

I logged into my work computer today and read the email I was fully expecting.  The General sent out an email to all JMC civilians stating that all RDO schedules (9 hr days, get 1 day off a week) will be suspended starting 26 Apr-20 Sept.  Everyone is to go to an 8 hr work day schedule and we are required to take every Friday unpaid.  Yes, it is money that I would like to be getting, but on the other hand, I'm trying to see the upside to this and I get to spend every Friday in the summer off.  It's not ideal for anyone, but we all knew it was coming.  With the way our programs were going at work, we knew there wouldn't be a resolution. 

Tomorrow is my last day of maternity leave.  I'm a little sad, but excited to get back into a routine.  Tucker is such a joy to be around and I have thoroughly enjoyed my maternity leave.  I'm so much more relaxed this time around.  But, now Cooper will have his brother with him all day, every day.  I'm sure he'll be thrilled about that.  :)

Cooper got his hair cut yesterday and it's cut like Daddy's.  :)  He looks so much older and not so much like my little guy anymore.  :(  Tucker's hair in coming in slowly and it's a little darker than Cooper's.  Tucker is smiling all the time now and he's sleeping through the night.  He started sleeping through the night at 10 weeks.  We put him down around 8:30-9 and he sleeps anywhere from between 6-7am.  We are thrilled.  Once again, it felt like this day would never come, but it did. 

Things are starting to get back to normal around here and we are enjoying our life.  Jason was missed a ton this week while he was gone for only 3 days, but it still feels empty around here when he's gone.  Cooper was so excited to see him this morning when he woke up.  We are always so much happier when Daddy is home.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment