Furlough is officially over....for now. :) They say they aren't going to do it in FY14, they'll just decrease the budget somehow which means layoffs, I'm sure. I'm waiting it out and sticking in there. I can't say I haven't enjoyed every Friday off for the past 4 weeks. I was able to plan a vacation around it, get painting done around the house, clean my house, among many other things that I wasn't able to accomplish on a daily basis. This coming Friday I think I'm going to take some time to do some me things as well as clean the house again and mow. And go swimming in our pool. :) Among all these great things I've been able to get done, when the paycheck came, that was another story. Not fun at all. However, we knew it was coming and originally prepared for 22 Friday's withough pay. 11 sounded so much better and now 6, I can do that. Still not the best news as I'd like my pay back, but I tried to make the best of it and I did! Next Friday I'm going to relax and later in the day, travel to Peoria to a Women in Faith conference with my good friend, Alicia. I'm pretty excited about it and also to be able to spend some time with her. We haven't done that in forever!
Last weekend, Jason's Dad and Mary came down to visit and they brought down Jason's birthday present! A pontoon boat! We are so thankful and are so excited to make many memories with the boys. I know they'll love it growing up on the water! We visited and spent some time in the pool. It was a nice visit and we're looking forward to seeing them again soon!
This weekend Jason's Mom and Don are coming down to visit and I'm thinking we might take a trip to the Niabi Zoo. Something fun to do on Saturday and I know Cooper would love it. He loved it earlier this year and I'm thinking he might get more out of it being a few months older.
Here's some pics of the boys. There aren't many of Cooper since he doesn't want his picture taken lately....he'd rather be the one taking all the pictures! Tucker lets us do anything and he's still our smiley guy! Enjoy!



No comments:
Post a Comment