This year Jason and I spent Thanksgiving with his Dad and Mary in Minocqua, unlike last year when they all came down and that was the evening Jason proposed! How can I ever forget that?! We left Wednesday around 2:30 and drove the entire way in rain.....boo. We had to take the dogs, which we really didn't want to do for 2 reasons. 1) We didn't want them running all over Gary and Mary's house, and 2) we really didn't want all their dog hair in our new vehicle. But, it turned out great! I felt horrible though since there was dog hair all over their house and Sadie was a little crazy, what's new though! :) We enjoyed a great Thanksgiving dinner that Mary spent a lot of time on. She made turkey, dressing, potatoes, gravy, candied sweet potatoes,green bean casserole, cranberry jelly, rolls,raspberry cheesecake, and pumpkin pie. It was delicious!!!!!! Everything was fantastic and we stuffed ourselves silly. Friday we visited with his Grandma and Grandpa and it was great to see them since it had been before the wedding that we had seen them last. They are doing great and it was so nice to visit with them. We left early Saturday morning and had a nice trip home. Now it's time to start thinking about Christmas! Jason and I are going to go north to Milwaukee to visit with his Mom and Don and enjoy the holiday with them.
We're really looking forward to this weekend since Friday we are getting together with my Illinois friends for a Christmas get together where we exchange gifts and eat delicious food. I can't wait to see all of their kids and kiss and hug all of them! This will be the first year that we are going to have the husbands come and celebrate too, but they're just going to sit around and drink some beer. Jason doesn't know it yet, but I've signed us up to wear 'his' and 'her' Christmas sweaters. Hopefully I can get some good pictures and post them this weekend. I'm going to try! :) It should be a great time! And then on Sunday, we are getting together with my family to have a holiday get together. I believe it's chili and snacks and good conversation. I really like getting together with everyone. I hope we keep this going year after year. It reminds me of when I was little and ALL of the Thirtyacre's would get together and do this type of thing.
I think it's time to sign off....I'm running out of things to talk about and Jason fell asleep on the couch. Gotta wake him up before he is awake too early in the morning!!!! (Yeah right. ;))
No comments:
Post a Comment