Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What a Crazy Friday

Last Friday had to be the scariest day I've encountered since this whole pregnancy began. It started off with me waking up around 5:15am to take a shower. As I was getting ready to get out, I grabbed on to Jason's towel bar, which is closest to the shower, to get over to mine.  As I was leaning out with my weight holding onto the towel bar, the bar gave away and I basically flipped out of the tub and landed between the toilet and wall.  I let out a horrible scream and Jason came flying in to see what happened.  I think I turned to land on my side and my hip/arms/knees took the majority of the fall.  I have nasty bruises on all of those places, and nothing on my tummy, so that's why I think I didn't even hit my stomach.  But, we decided right away that we would go into the office when it opened at 8am.  So,we did and waited until almost 9am when the nurse came out and told me that I would need to go up to labor and delivery to be monitored.  So, Jason and I headed up there where I was hooked up so they could check Cooper's heartbeat, any contractions, and my placenta.  I guess I had a few contractions, but everything else looks good.  Since I did have contractions, they've given me preterm labor instructions. I've felt pretty good, except I've had more Braxton Hicks contractions, but nothing serious to worry about.  It was a horrible day and I'm glad it's over.  Needless to say, the towel bar is no longer up so that I can't even be tempted to put my weight on it and now I hang the towel over the shower curtain bar. No more reaching for me!  :)  Oh-and only 6 more weeks from this Thursday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment