Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Still Pregnant :)

Well, I am currently 37 weeks and 3 days pregnant.  No signs of going into labor.  I'm getting pretty anxious and surprisingly while I'm a little uncomfortable, it's tolerable.  Sleeping is a chore, but I'm getting enough and it's only to prepare me for the sleepless nights to come.  We have an appointment with the surgeon, Dr. Ehle, today and we're going to start filling out the consent forms for the c-section.  I also only have 6 days of work left before the scheduled c-section on the 26th.  I'm pretty pumped about this one.  :)

Jason shaved his head yesterday to support 2 co-workers who have been diagnosed with cancer.  I thought it was a great gesture and many of his other co-workers have done the same.  I can't get used to seeing him without hair and I think he looks like someone else!

Cooper is talking up a storm.  The child doesn't stop!  And he's getting to be such a big boy.  He's so independent and doesn't snuggle anymore, which makes me sad, but there are times when I can sneak a snuggle in or two for about 30 seconds without him figuring out what I'm doing.  As soon as he does, he tells me no and pushes my arm away.  He's very into tractors, combines, farm animals, and choo-choo trains.  Little does he know that Santa will be bringing him some of these things for Christmas.  :) 

We're trying to get him accustomed to his big boy room, but it's not going so well.  We set up his Cars bed among other things in his new room and he's not having it.  He likes to play in there, but he does not want to sleep in there.  That's okay with me though as it's just a sign he's not ready.  He'll get there in time. 

Our countertops are being installed this Saturday and I'm beyond thrilled.  We have to pick out a new sink before then, which I think we've done.  And then all we have left is to install the tile backsplash, paint, and flooring!  Jason is going to be a busy boy!  The wallpaper removal is a slow going process, but I completely understand why.  It takes forever and there is quite a bit of it.  I'm thinking I can work on it little by little on maternity leave too. 

That's pretty much it for news for our family.  We're obviously sticking close to home for Christmas since the surgery is scheduled for the 26th and also because I could go into labor at any time.  We'll be sending out New Year's cards once the baby comes.  I just didn't want to send out a Christmas one and then another one, so hopefully those will be coming out sooner rather than later.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment