Tucker Jack was born Monday, December 17th at 6:01pm. He weighed 8 lbs 14 oz and was 22.75". I had been having contractions days leading up to his birthday, but they were irregular and knew that was common at the point I was at in my pregnancy. On that Monday, I was having the same thing happen until about 2:30 in the afternoon. I was at work and noticed that they were coming every 2-9 minutes. I had my 38 week appt that afternoon so I decided to wait until then. I left work at 3:30 to get to the appt and the contractions were coming every 4-5 minutes. They didn't hurt and I honestly thought it was just a fluke and they would stop eventually. I got to my appt and told the nurse that I was having them and she said she'd have Dr. Ehle check me. He came in, did the usual listen for the heartbeat (which he couldn't find because the monitor was broken), and then checked me. When he was done, he turned around to Jason and I and announced that we were going to have a baby today! He said I was 3-4 cm dilated and they did not want me going into labor and have to deliver naturally. They just don't have the staff for a VBAC and were worried that my uterus could rupture among other things. So we were admitted and sent up to labor and delivery to be monitored as well as draw blood and ask a million questions. About 5:15 they rolled me down to surgery where I got my spinal and at 6:01pm, little Tucker was born. :) My family was there to meet him and after I got out of recovery and met Tucker for the first time, Jason ran home to pack our bags. I had a great experience again and was so thankful everything went great.
Since then, he's been such a great baby. He basically only cries when he's hungry and has gas. Dirty diapers don't seem to bother him at all. He gets up every 3-4 hours at night to eat and then goes back to bed. I'm currently working on getting him to nap in his crib and it's not the greatest. Yesterday was our first day so hopefully within the next couple weeks he will get used to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment