Our door project started off with me wanting to save money, so I had all intentions of painting our old door blue. Jason said the maroon paint needed to be stripped off, so I put paint stripper on it and let it sit. To make a long story short, the paint stripper didn't work and Jason finally had enough and made the executive decision to buy a new door. :) I was not upset one bit. The old door was functional, just outdated. Like, 1970's outdated. We checked on menards.com and I showed Jason all of the styles I liked. (I had to stay home with the boys because they were both in bed and obviously couldn't go with him.) They had my most favorite style in stock, a little beat up, but nothing that my Uncle (who's a carpenter) couldn't fix. A 10% discount off the sale price and it was ours. This was in the middle of the week, my Uncle came over on that Saturday, had it installed in 3 hours, and all that was left to do was paint it and install the trim on the inside. Jason finished painting it this past weekend and I absolutely LOVE it. I think the addition of the blue looks great with our brown/tan/cream color scheme. We have a little left to paint on the front as the painting of the cream color around the outside trim is on the tan color of the house. Won't take long at all. I am so happy with how it turned out

This is our new blue front door! You can't really see too well in the upper photo, but you get the idea. :)
And I threw this one in because it was so adorable to watch last night. Jason was planting trees out at our new lot and Cooper was trying to 'help'. He was actually planting sticks in the ground, or trying to. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment