Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

We were quite busy this past Memorial Day weekend. Friday, Jason and I both worked.  I get off work pretty early, so I picked the boys up and we ran to the store to have Cooper pick out a big boy potty and big boy underwear.  The other day he took down his pants and came up to me and told me he needed his diaper changed.  I immediately knew it was time to start potty training, which is unfamiliar territory for me, and we are giving it a go.  He was super proud as he went 4 times in his big boy toilet, but before every time, he'd go a little in his undies and then realize he needed to go on the big potty.  We've had a couple big accidents, but I'm sure that's normal.  Our sitter is having a harder time with it since he's terrified of a normal size potty and that's all she has at daycare.  She said he saw one of the other boys using it yesterday and was slowly warming up to it.  I'm crossing my fingers he'll get used to it otherwise this will be a major set back.

Saturday we worked on projects around the house.  Jason got the back side of the front door painted and I got the majority of the wallpaper off in the kitchen.  All that's left is what I can't reach and Jason will have to use a ladder to get it.  It actually went pretty smoothly and took only a few hours.  We visited with a family that came down from MN that afternoon/evening and got to bed late.

Sunday our niece, Molly, graduated from high school.  CONGRATULATIONS!  She is going on to play softball for a junior college here in the Quad Cities, Black Hawk College.  She's already got her apartment and is dying to move out and be on her own.  This will give us something to watch next spring and summer as Cooper loved to watch her play basketball and I'm sure he'll love watching her play softball. 

Jason got the entire garage cleaned up (it was pretty bad....can you say hoarders?).  It looks fabulous and there is some rhyme and reason to it now. 

Tucker's baptism is in a few weeks and it will be nice to have family and friends from out of town over.  We're having A Guy and A Grill cater the food at our house and I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't rain.  I'm hoping to have tables set up outside, otherwise everyone will have to be scattered in our house.  I'm sure I'll figure it all out and it will work out one way or another.

 
We caught Cooper playing in Tucker's seat the other day.  When he saw us with the camera, he turned around and said, "CHEESE!"  Didn't care one bit.  :)
 
 
Tucker must have had a rough day at daycare.  He passed out in his exer-saucer.  :(




And this is all of my happy boys on Saturday morning.  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment