Sunday, April 18, 2010

And the Weekend is Over...

I'm only happy the weekend is over because that means that I only have 4 more days until I get to see Jason and our puppies.  It's been great down here and the people have been really nice, but I'm ready to come home.  Yesterday we drove to Smithsville, OK to go horseback riding, not my #1 choice, but I did it because the girl that I'm with wanted to.  First off, the directions led us onto a road that started out as blacktop, but turned into a country back road with bridges made of out boards and half of them were sticking up!  Neither one of us could get signal on our phones and we started to get really nervous.  After what felt like an hour on this road, we flagged down a lady in a truck and asked her where the main highway was because we needed to get to Smithsville.  Turns out we were about 1,000 feet from the main highway....thank God.  When we finally got to the ranch, they had a dog that looked EXACTLY like Sadie Mae and it made me sad.  I started missing her and Andy like crazy and then I got upset last night talking to Jason on the phone.  2 weeks isn't a lot, but we haven't ever been apart this long before.  But, I'm better today because I did a little shopping!!!  Melanie and I drove to Shreveport, LA to the Louisiana Boardwalk where they have lots of little stores and I got a beautiful purse and wallet and some pants.  We ate at a restaurant comparable to the Cheesecake Factory and it was delicious.  We left there and went to some other shopping places, but were tired from the first and we ended up driving back to the hotel.  I've seen a lot of 'different' places down here that were very interesting to put it nicely!  :)  And I didn't bring my camera, so I don't have any pictures, but I've sure got some stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment