Sunday, April 25, 2010

It's Great To Be Home!!!

I finally returned home on Friday afternoon and I was so excited to finally be back.  Jason picked me up at the airport in Moline and surprised me with dinner at a restaurant in Bettendorf, IA.  Then we came home and I loved on the puppies and Sadie would not leave me alone.  She was so cute.  :) 

Yesterday Jason and I went mushroom hunting in the morning at the farm and we didn't find anything!!!  The other guy that was with us found 3 mushrooms, but that was it.  It was a little disappointing, but there's always next year!  We had Richie, Jason's Big Brother Big Sister brother, with us and we had taken him with us and afterward took him to Pizza Ranch for some lunch.  I don't think Richie enjoyed it too much since he fell once and got caught on practically every thorn bush in the woods.  But, it was something different that Jason hasn't done with him and maybe if he takes him out again, there will be more success.

Last night we went to dinner with my Aunt Sue, Uncle Neal, Annie, Steve, Mom, Dad, and Jenna.  We went to China Garden and it was a nice time.  While we didn't want to eat out twice in one day, it was nice to catch up with everyone and visit with them.

Today is Molly's Confirmation and I'm her sponsor.  It's at 2 this afternoon and afterward we are going to the Machine Shed in Davenport to celebrate. All I've done is out for the past 2 weeks and I'm ready for a home cooked meal!  I'll definitely get one this week since Jason will be gone and I can cook for myself.

It's great to be back and I'm glad that my next trip will only be for a few days rather than 2 weeks.  I'm sad to see Jason leave, but definitely glad I'm no longer in Texarkana!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment