Poor little Cooper. He had a rough Monday. Sunday night Cooper woke up around 11pm screaming with a fever. We gave him Tylenol, but that didn't seem to help. So, he slept on my chest the entire night. Jason stayed home with Coop in the morning on Monday and our sitter was nice enough to allow him to come down for a few hours until I could get off work and pick him up. I left work around 2pm and when I got to the sitter's, this is what my baby looked like:
I felt so bad for my little man and started crying right there in front of our sitter, Mary. I think she felt bad and told me everything would be fine. She said he had woken up from his nap like that and didn't know what it was from. So, I immediately took him to urgent care at the hospital and saw a great physician assistant. She consulted with a pediatrician and they think it's either an allergy or an infection. He's too young to take Benadryl, so he's on an antibiotic. That seems to be helping and the swelling has gone down a bit. He also doesn't seem to be hanging on to that nagging fever. We thought it might be a bug bite, but we can't find the 'bite' anywhere on his head/face/neck. Also, with a food allergy, they said they normally see a reaction from the torso up and Cooper is just swollen on the right side of his face. We're crossing our fingers this antibiotic works and he starts feeling better soon. We have a follow-up appointment Thursday since the doctor's get a litte nervous when there is an infection like this by an infant's eye. Jason said he was all smiles this morning, so he must be feeling better!

No comments:
Post a Comment